25 min // Prep Time: 10 min // Cook Time: 15 min(Preparation)
4 to 6
|1 pkg (340 g)||CATELLI Smart Veggie™ Spaghetti|
|2 cups (500 mL)||each 2% milk and sodium-reduced chicken broth|
|3 cloves||garlic, minced|
|3 cups (750 mL)||broccoli spears|
|1 small||red pepper, thinly sliced|
|1 cup (250 mL)||ham steak, thinly sliced|
|1/4 tsp (1 mL)||ground black pepper|
|1/3 cup (75 mL)||grated Parmesan cheese (approx.)|
A new trend in preparing pasta is to cook the noodles right in the sauce. This creamy dish is family friendly, easy to make and even easier to clean up after.
- Bring milk, broth and garlic to a gentle simmer in a large, deep, skillet set over medium heat.
- Break spaghetti noodles in half. Add uncooked spaghetti, broccoli, red pepper, ham and pepper to skillet. Cook, tossing often, for 8 to 10 minutes or until most of the liquids are absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and let stand for 2 minutes. Serve pasta immediately, with extra cheese (if desired).
- Replace the broccoli with asparagus tips or cauliflower florets.
- Replace the ham with sliced cooked chicken breast.
- Grate some fresh nutmeg over each serving for a rich flavour accent reminiscent of Alfredo sauce.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like