25 min // Prep Time: 10 min // Cook Time: 15 min(Preparation)
4 to 6
Shortcut Spaghettini Stir Fry
|1 pkg (340 g)||CATELLI Smart Veggie™ Spaghettini|
|3 tbsp (45 mL)||canola oil, divided|
|1/2 lb (250 g)||ground turkey or chicken|
|1 bag (340 g)||shredded coleslaw blend (or 5 cups/1.25 L)|
|1/4 cup (60 mL)||sodium-reduced soy sauce|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||each white wine or rice wine vinegar,|
|toasted sesame oil and honey|
|1 tbsp (15 mL)||each minced fresh ginger and garlic|
|Bean sprouts and sliced green onions (optional)|
Skip take-out and cook-in instead, with this (no-chopping required) supper! By stocking just a few affordable items you can have a delicious, hot noodle bowl ready in minutes.
- Prepare spaghettini according to package directions for al denté. Measure out 1/2 cup (125 mL) pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok set over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook, stirring, until browned. Add coleslaw blend; cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining oil with soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, honey, ginger and garlic. Add hot cooked spaghettini and sauce to the pan and toss until coated. (Add reserved pasta water as needed to moisten the noodles.) Garnish with bean sprouts and green onion (if using).
- Shortcut the recipe even further by replacing the homemade sauce with 2/3 cup (150 mL) bottled Asian flavoured salad dressing.
- For extra veggies, stir in a few handfuls of frozen, Asian-style mixed vegetables with the coleslaw blend.
- Replace the turkey or chicken with lean ground pork or beef.
- For those who love a little heat, add hot sauce to taste.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like