20 minutes(Preparation) / 55 to 60 minutes(Cooking)
10 to 12
Black Diamond® Walnut Cheddar Biscotti Pinwheels
|2.5 cups (625mL)||all-purpose flour|
|1 cup (250mL)||chopped walnuts|
|2 tbsp. (30mL)||dried basil|
|½ tsp (2mL)||baking soda|
|1 tsp (5mL)||granulated sugar|
|1/2 cup (125mL)||Lactantia® Tomato Basil Butter, softened|
|8||Black Diamond® Medium Cheddar Natural|
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°c)
- In a large bowl, whisk together, flour, walnuts and basil.
- In another large bowl, cream sugar and butter together with a wooden spoon. (or use a stand or hand mixer)
- Add eggs one at a time stirring to incorporate fully.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until dough is formed.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a rectangle approx. 14” x 9”.
- Layer four slices of cheese along the 14” edge of the dough and roll, forming a pinwheel, into a log, finishing seam side down.
- Place log on a parchment-lined baking pan.
- Layer remaining four slices evenly on top of the log.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes and allow to cool for 30 minutes
- Carefully slice log with a serrated knife crosswise in approx. ½“ or less slices.
- Place slices on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, flip slices and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like