|4 cups (1,000 mL)||macaroni|
|2 cups (500 mL)||Lactantia® Homogenized (3.25%) Milk|
|½ tsp (5 mL)||dried thyme leaves|
|3 tbsp (45 mL)||Lactantia Butter|
|3 tbsp (45 mL)||all-purpose flour|
|3 cups (750 mL)||Black Diamond® Old Cheddar Shredded Cheese|
|4 tbsp (60 mL)||Parmesan cheese|
|½ cup (125 mL)||bread crumbs|
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly butter a 9-inch by 13-inch (23 x 33 cm) ovenproof casserole dish.
- Cook macaroni in lots of boiling salted water until al dente.
- In a small pot, add milk, bay leaves, nutmeg and thyme. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- In another pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Strain the hot milk in and mix until smooth. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium-low.
- Add the cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Taste and add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Combine cooked macaroni and cheddar sauce. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish.
- Combine Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs and sprinkle evenly over macaroni.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until browned and bubbling.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like